Sunday 11 December 2016

East Wind: A deaf mute with secrets to reveal...from the grave by Chris Ash



It’s winter on the North Norfolk coast and the discovery of a girl’s body links a group of people who have had some connection with her, either intimately or through fleeting acquaintance. Among them is a ‘boy soldier’ escaping from a civil war in Africa, the son of a Hungarian émigré and his quest to unlock a family secret, and a hotel waiter who befriends an elderly expat. 

Underpinning the novel’s theme are two love stories, one depicting through a series of letters the ecstasy and then the anguish at the ending of an affair. 
Set in the late 1990s, East Wind is both a description of erosion along the East Coast of England and a metaphor for the frailty of relationships and loss of innocence and trust. 

Caution: Features explicit sexual descriptions and acts of violence. 
This book is a work of fiction and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 


I was asked to read and review this book by a friend. The author is known to my friend, so I knew I had to read this book. What I thought was a good synopsis but wasn't what I expected the book to be about. 

It took me a while to get into the story due to the style of the writing. I felt like the characters was all over the place, not knowing who is who as well as what they have to do with the story. Very confusing. We only found out who Mary was near the end of the story. 


I found there was some spelling mistakes, the grammar wasn't completely following how I thought the story was going. Would I read this author's other books, depending on the stories I think I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment