Thursday 7 May 2015

Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone #1) by Angela Marsons



Even the darkest secrets can’t stay buried forever…
Five figures gather round a shallow grave. They had all taken turns to dig. An adult sized hole would have taken longer. An innocent life had been taken but the pact had been made. Their secrets would be buried, bound in blood …

Years later, a headmistress is found brutally strangled, the first in a spate of gruesome murders which shock the Black Country.

But when human remains are discovered at a former children’s home, disturbing secrets are also unearthed. D.I. Kim Stone fast realises she’s on the hunt for a twisted individual whose killing spree spans decades.

As the body count rises, Kim needs to stop the murderer before they strike again. But to catch the killer, can Kim confront the demons of her own past before it’s too late?

Fans of Rachel Abbott, Val McDermid and Mark Billingham will be gripped by this exceptional new voice in British crime fiction.

Watch out for more from D.I. Kim Stone
A Detective hiding dark secrets, Kim Stone will stop at nothing to protect the innocent. Silent Scream is the first book in the series – watch out for EVIL GAMES coming soon.
 


I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture publishers for allowing me to read this intense book.

Well, what can I say about this gripping new author who's books are sure to flying off the shelves. I have found this a page turner, a CPID book. I was up at 5am this morning to finish this exciting and sometimes frustrating book. I loved the twists and turns which made me gasp thinking which way the story was going to go. I even thought I had it sussed when Ms Marsons put a name to who I thought was the murderer, but she twisted me again when she revealed who the real person was. 

Yes, I loathed some characters with a vengeance due to enormity of the story, but I also felt sorry for some of the characters. 1 being the main character DI Kim Stone with her background. Her team are so tight with her that they are willing to do anything to get the job done and boy did I love that.

Now I can't wait to read Evil Games to find out the next case for DI Kim Stone and the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment