Wednesday 11 March 2015

Crosshairs (Embryo #2) by J.A. Schneider



They thought the nightmare was over. Intern Jill Raney and the man she loves, obstetrical resident David Levine, barely escaped death at the hands of a madman on the steep roof of an old part of the hospital. The awful scene, captured by overhead news choppers, became a media obsession, run horrifyingly over and over. Jill and David are now reluctant "celebrities" - and the targets of every wacko who wants to share in the attention.

Including a killer. Someone who begins venting his fury at their "fame" by his hideous assaults on women - assaults which Jill and David discover are also death threats to them, and to a 6-month-old baby who has yet to be born.

Their predator is clever. Haughty. Leaves cryptic "clues" to taunt them and the police, who are at a loss. He knows how to leave no physical evidence behind. No prints, no fibers, no eyewitnesses.

Jill and David must still return to their exhausting hospital duties, knowing that any psycho can just walk into a hospital. Friends beg David, who is a crack shot, to carry a gun, but he doesn't. "What's the use?" he asks. "A doctor's back is always turned."

Instead, Jill and David join forces to become detectives on their own, helping the police in ways that even forensics experts never imagined; working frantically to uncover an unspeakable secret that dooms their fate and that of a sweet-faced, unborn child...unless they can put an end to an obsessed killer's twisted quest.
 


I have been wanting to read book 2 since I finished book lol. Ok, it took me a few days to read it after I finished my previous book. But I could easily dip in and out of this book and knowing I will follow the pace.

It carries on from where book 1 left off. Jill Raney and David Levine are on a few days sabbatical due to the previous trauma (read Embryo to find out). They are shoved straight into the media attention as soon as they come back and STRAIGHT into danger all over again.


I guessed who the culprit was this time and it even made me think if I had the right 1 as they thought it was someone else. I am so glad I read this and the ending is great. Can't wait to dip into book 3 soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment