Saturday 7 February 2015

Pop Goes the Weasel (Helen Grace,#2). by M.J. Arlidge



DI Helen Grace returns in Pop Goes the Weasel, the electrifying new thriller from M. J. Arlidge.

The body of a middle-aged man is discovered in Southampton's red-light district - horrifically mutilated, with his heart removed.

Hours later - and barely cold - the heart arrives with his wife and children by courier.

A pattern emerges when another male victim is found dead and eviscerated, his heart delivered soon afterwards.

The media call it Jack the Ripper in reverse; revenge against the men who lead sordid double lives visiting prostitutes. For Grace, only one thing is certain: there's a vicious serial-killer at large who must be halted at all costs . . .
 


When I started this book, I thought "Oh Yeah, another good thriller coming". Not thinking what I was about to embark after reading Eeny Meeny beforehand.

It took me ages to get into the book, kept asking myself was it worth reading, where is the storyline going and stuff. But I persevered and got right into the book. After reaching over 50%, I started to think if the author wanted the readers to go along the lines in the story. I'm happy to say I think he did and the outcome at the end was worth the read. I loved knowing a bit more about Helen Grace's background, but I didn't like the journalist one bit (still don't even though I've read both books lol).


Will I be reading The Doll's House? Most definitely will be, just not yet lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment