Friday 2 January 2015

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson



"As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I’m still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me..."

Memories define us.

So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep?

Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love—all forgotten overnight.

And the one person you trust may be telling you only half the story.

Welcome to Christine's life


I've had this copy for nearly 3 years, I've been meaning to read it and see what all the fuss was about. Well now I have read/listened to the book, I've still yet to make my mind up. Not seen the film neither.

It starts off weird to the extent I don't know much about amnesia and the effects it can have on the person and the family. It brings you in to think Christine is out of her mind daily, wondering why she forgets who she is and what's she been doing. It brings you back to her past when she tries to remember things, sees a doctor and the person who is living with her is not who he seems to be. Yes, it was intriguing, but in some parts I can honestly say I was like "Do I want to carry on reading this". I did carry on as I wanted to know if the person was really who she thought. 

Not a bad storyline and I can honestly say I gave it 3 stars as to me it was an ok book. Sorry to those who thought it was a page turner, maybe it was just me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment