Sunday 13 April 2014

Death of an Intern - Keith M. Donaldson



Winner of a Finalist Award in the Mystery Category of the 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Awards A riveting, suspenseful introduction to Donaldson's series, Death of an Intern features Laura Wolfe, a tenacious beat reporter for the Washington Star. Laura tracks a DC serial killer who butchers pregnant women and steals their fetuses, dumping the naked bodies with no identification in an obscure part of the city. When shown the body of victim number two, Laura recognizes her as someone she remembers from a reception for the vice president of the United States.

The victim is quickly identified as Janet Rausch, and Laura begins digging into her background. When the public Janet does not match with the private one, Laura begins to question whether there may have been more to Janet's death than being a serial killing victim. Laura continues investigating and goes from the dirty back streets of DC to the nation's capital, to the Virginia suburbs, and into the polished halls of political Washington, as the public is terrorized by a third murder, showing all the signs of the previous two.


I was asked to review this from Netgalley.

I tried very hard to get into this as I know I usually love my Crime/Thriller books. I sooooooooo struggled to get past the first few pages and I am not usually 1 to moan, but I couldn't even understand the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment